Plea in Absentia/Reduction Request
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REQUESTING A REDUCTION AND
TO DISPOSE OF CASE IN ABSENTIA
If you wish to request a reduction on your traffic charge and or dispose of your case in absentia, please follow the instructions below:
- Complete the form and submit it prior to your court date.
- Once the solicitor receives this request, your case will be reviewed and examined by the solicitor and a determination will be made by him as to granting your request to enter a plea in absentia.
- Please allow 30 days to receive your response by email.
- If the solicitor chooses to extend you a plea offer in absentia, your formal plea offer will be emailed to you.
- Once you receive the formal plea offer, please read it carefully, follow all instructions, and contact the probate court if you have any questions.
- If you have already paid, you are NOT eligible for a reduction request
- If you pay with a credit card then cancel that payment, then do a plea in absentia request, you must appear in court
Request for Reduction and to Dispose of Case in Absentia