Plea in Absentia/Reduction Request
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REQUESTING A PLEA IN ABSENTIA
(DISPOSING OF YOUR CASE WITHOUT COMING TO COURT)
- Complete the form below and submit it prior to your court date.
- Once the solicitor (prosecuting attorney) receives this request, your case will be reviewed and examined by the solicitor and a determination will be made by him as to granting your request to enter a plea in absentia.
- Please allow 30 days to receive your response by email.
- If the solicitor chooses to extend you a plea offer in absentia, your formal plea offer will be emailed to you. The solicitor has the right to include court costs on the plea in absentia in addition to the fine.
- Once you receive the formal plea offer, please read it carefully, follow all instructions, and contact the probate court if you have any questions.
- If you have already made a payment on your case (citation), you are NOT eligible for a plea in absentia.
- If you pay with a credit card then cancel that payment, then do a plea in absentia request, you must appear in court.
Request for Reduction and to Dispose of Case in Absentia
Cook County Sheriff
Cook County Tax Commissioner
Board Of Commissioners
Find a Lawyer
GA Dept of Revenue - Unclaimed Property
GA Dept of Driver Services